Tips for Planning Your Visit
For the complete Amish Experience, you need travel no further than Plain & Fancy Farm on Route 340, 1.5 miles from either Bird-in-Hand or Intercourse. (GPS: 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Ronks, PA).
Ticket purchase, tour check-in, and departure all take place from the theater box office in the east parking lot in front of Amish View Inn & Suites. Along with buggy rides, great shopping, and incomparable dining at the NEW Smokehouse BBQ restaurant, here you’ll find many ways to discover the world of the Amish…
- What It Means to Be Amish: “Jacob’s Choice” at the Amish Experience Theater (40 minutes)
- How The Amish Live and Learn: The Fisher Homestead & One-Room School (45 minutes)
- Where the Amish Work and Play: The Amish Farmlands Tour (90 minutes) and/or Visit-in-Person Tour (3 hours)
1. The SuperSaver Tour Package is your best value, and includes a free PA Dutch cookbook (for adults). Guarantee your seat and purchase tickets at least a day in advance online, and receive $4 off the adult walk-up price (with no service fees).…
SuperSaver Tour: 3½ hours. Combines the Amish Experience Theater, the Fisher House & One-Room School and the Amish Farmlands Tour. Adults $47.95. Children (4-12) $24.95. Children 3 and under $16.95. (You must provide a car seat for small children and babies.) Following are 3 sample schedules. You may also split activities over 2 days. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before tour time. (Buy online: $43.95 for ages 13+, $22.95 for children 4-12, and $16.95 for children 3 and under.)
10:00AM-10:40AM – Jacob’s Choice
10:45AM-11:30AM – Homestead Tour
12:00PM-1:30PM – Amish Farmlands Tour
Lunch at Smokehouse BBQ & Brews (optional)
SuperSaver & Lunch:
10:00AM-11:30AM – Amish Farmlands Tour
11:30AM-1:00PM – Lunch at Smokehouse BBQ & Brews (optional)
1:00PM-1:40PM – Jacob’s Choice
1:45PM-2:30PM – Homestead Tour
SuperSaver & Dinner:
1:00PM-1:40PM – Jacob’s Choice
2:00PM-3:30PM – Amish Farmlands Tour
3:45PM-4:30PM – Homestead Tour
Dinner at Smokehouse BBQ & Brews (optional)
2. The exclusive Amish Visit-in-Person Tour provides the rare opportunity to meet and talk to the Amish as you make three stops. Visit a farm at milking time, meet with an Amish craftsman behind-the-scenes, and sit and talk with Amish right in their home. Limited to 14 guests. Guarantee your seat and purchase tickets at least a day in advance online, and receive $4 off the adult walk-up price (with no service fees).…
Visit-in-Person Tour: 3 hours. Adults $61.95. Children (6-12) $41.95 (no children under 6 on this tour). Please arrive at least 15 minutes before tour time. (Buy online: $57.95 for ages 13+, $39.95 for children 6-12. No children under 12 on this tour.)
Sundays are a special time.
For the Amish, it is a day of rest, worship, and visiting. Deep in the Amish Farmlands on our tours, we often see a gathering of buggies at a home for church, families traveling to and fro in their carriages, and sometimes even an afternoon game of volleyball.
What activities are open on Sunday?
Although Amish visits cannot be made on Sundays, we’ll substitute another stop featuring local crafts or foods. In addition to the Farmlands Tours, the Theater, Homestead & School and buggy rides are open Sundays in season, as is Smokehouse BBQ & Brews.