Tips for Planning Your Visit
For the complete Amish Experience, you need travel no further than Plain & Fancy Farm on Route 340, halfway between the villages of Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse. (GPS: 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand, PA 17505). You must wear a mask to participate in any of our activities.
Ticket purchase, tour check-in, and departure all take place from the theater box office in the east parking lot in front of Amish View Inn & Suites. Along with buggy rides, great shopping, and incomparable dining at Smokehouse BBQ restaurant, here you’ll find many ways to discover the world of the Amish…
- What It Means to Be Amish: “Jacob’s Choice” at the Amish Experience Theater (35 minutes)
- How The Amish Live and Learn: The Fisher Homestead & One-Room School (45 minutes)
- Where the Amish Work and Play: The Amish Farmlands Tour (90 minutes)
- Meet with the Amish Themselves: Visit-in-Person Tour (3 hours)
1. The SuperSaver Tour Package is your best value. Guarantee your seat and purchase tickets at least an hour in advance online to receive $2 off the adult and $1 off child walk-up price (with no service fees).…
SuperSaver Tour: 3.5 hours. Combines the Amish Experience Theater, the Amish Country Homestead (House & One-Room School) and the Amish Farmlands mini-bus Tour. Adults $42.25. Children (4-12) $25.95. Children 3 and under $18.95. (You must provide a car seat for small children in accordance with PA State Law.) Please arrive at least 15 minutes before tour time. (Buy online: $40.25 for ages 13+, $24.95 for children 4-12, and $18.95 for children 3 and under.)
2. The exclusive Amish Visit-in-Person Tour provides the rare opportunity to meet and talk to the Amish as you make three stops. Visit a farm at milking time, meet with an Amish craftsman behind-the-scenes, and sit and talk with Amish right in their home. Limited to 8 guests. Guarantee your seat and purchase tickets at least an hour in advance online to save $2 off the walk-up price (with no service fees).…
Visit-in-Person Tour: Duration is 3 hours. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before tour time. Tour must leave on time, and we will leave without you if you are late. Tickets are non-refundable. Tours run Monday through Saturday through October 31, 2020, and Saturdays only in November 2020.
Sundays are a special time.
For the Amish, it is a day of rest, worship, and visiting. You might have heard that everything is closed on Sundays in Amish Country. Not True! While some businesses close on Sundays for a whole host of reasons, there are still plenty of things to do. The Amish Experience is open on Sundays from 11:30am-5:00pm. All our tours are available on Sundays EXCEPT the VIP (Visit-in-Person) Tour.
What is different about the Amish Experience on a Sunday?
Unlike Monday-Saturday, the Amish Farmlands Tour (90 minute guided bus tour) is not able to stop at an Amish-owned shop during the tour. We’ll substitute another stop featuring local crafts or foods on Sundays that is not Amish-owned. In addition to the Farmlands Tours, the Theater (“Jacob’s Choice”) and guided House & School tours operate as well.