Tips for Planning Your Visit
For the complete Amish Experience, you need travel no further than Plain & Fancy Farm on Route 340, halfway between the villages of Bird-in-Hand and Intercourse. (GPS: 3121 Old Philadelphia Pike, Bird-in-Hand, PA 17505).
Ticket purchase, tour check-in, and departure all take place from the theater box office in the east parking lot in front of Amish View Inn & Suites. Along with buggy rides, great shopping, and incomparable dining at Smokehouse BBQ restaurant, here you’ll find many ways to discover the world of the Amish…
- What It Means to Be Amish: “Jacob’s Choice” at the Amish Experience Theater (35 minutes)
- How The Amish Live and Learn: The Fisher Homestead & One-Room School (45 minutes)
- Where the Amish Work and Play: The Amish Farmlands Tour (90 minutes)
- Meet with the Amish Themselves: Visit-in-Person Tour (3 hours)
1. The SuperSaver Tour Package is your best value. Guarantee your seat and purchase tickets at least an hour in advance online and get the best price (with no service fees).…
SuperSaver Tour: 3.5 hours. Combines the Amish Experience Theater, the Amish Country Homestead (House & One-Room School) and the Amish Farmlands mini-bus Tour. Adults $42.95. Children (4-12) $25.95. Children 3 and under $18.95. (You must provide a car seat for small children in accordance with PA State Law.) Please arrive at least 15 minutes before tour time. (Buy online now through January 31, 2021: $32.95 for ages 13+, $20.95 for children 4-12, and $18.95 for children 3 and under.)
2. The exclusive Amish Visit-in-Person Tour provides the rare opportunity to meet and talk to the Amish as you make three stops. Visit a farm at milking time, meet with an Amish craftsman behind-the-scenes, and sit and talk with Amish right in their home. Limited to 14 guests. Guarantee your seat and purchase tickets at least an hour in advance online for the best price (with no service fees).…
Visit-in-Person Tour: Duration is 3 hours. Please arrive at least 15 minutes before tour time.
Sundays are a special time.
For the Amish, it is a day of rest, worship, and visiting. You might have heard that everything is closed on Sundays in Amish Country. Not True! While some businesses close on Sundays for a whole host of reasons, there are still plenty of things to do. The Amish Experience is open on Sundays from 11:30am-5:00pm. All our tours are available on Sundays EXCEPT the VIP (Visit-in-Person) Tour.
What is different about the Amish Experience on a Sunday?
Unlike Monday through Saturday, the Amish Farmlands Tour (90 minute guided bus tour) is not able to stop at an Amish-owned shop during the tour. We’ll substitute another stop featuring local crafts or foods on Sundays that is not Amish-owned. In addition to the Farmlands Tours, the Theater (“Jacob’s Choice”) and guided House & School tours operate as well.